Botanical name: Citrus Limon (Rutaceae)
Common names: Lemon Tree
Prized for its glossy bright green foliage, fragrant blossoms, and aromatic yellow coloured fruit, the lemon tree - with the right amount of light and care, can make for a beautiful indoor plant. And who wouldn't love to smell citrus blossom in their home, especially in the winter?
Meyer Lemon Tree
Botanical name: Citrus Limon (Rutaceae)
- Plant size: large
- Plant arrives in growing pot, placed into the decorative pot
- All of our pots are made with recycled plastic
- Straight pot has no drainage hole (size: 11.8" in diameter, 10.25" tall)
- Tapered pot comes with drainage and saucer (size: 11.8" in diameter, 11" tall)
Bright, indirect light. A south facing window is the optimal place for a lemon tree. If needed, use grow lights to supplement natural light (especially during the winter).
Tip: To increase chances of bearing fruit, place your lemon tree outdoors during the warmer months.
Water every 1-2 weeks, allowing soil to dry out between waterings. The goal is to keep the soil moist but not soggy! Not sure when to water? Just follow the finger dip test.
Feed every 3 weeks during Spring and Summer. Reduce to 1-2 months during winter. Fertilize with a high-nitrogen product made for citrus trees.
Lemon trees do best in rooms with an average temperature between 13 and 21 degrees.
Tip: Mist leaves occasionally to increase humidity, and wipe leaves every once in a while to keep them dust free.
No- keep away from pets (can cause irritation if ingested)
5'' - 7''
7'' - 10''
12'' - 24''
24'' - 60''
Measurement is the approximate height of the plant including the pot
- All orders are subject to a flat $10 delivery fee.
- We currently only deliver to certain boroughs and municipalities on the island of Montreal. You can use our postal code tracker at checkout to make sure we deliver to your area.
- Please allow 3-5 business days from when the order is placed to receive your plant. As we do not currently provide any packaging, please ensure someone is home to receive the delivery.
- We deliver most plants in their growing pot, which fits perfectly into the decorative pot we offer with each plant, while others ship directly potted.
- We do our best to select plants that are similar to the ones pictured on our website, but as with all living beings, there will be some variation in color, shape, size and texture - making each plant unique in its own way!
As flowers may not develop fully into fruit indoors, you can give hand pollination a try! Grab a cotton swab or small paint brush to distribute the pollen from flower to stigma, and encourage fruiting. Note that the fruiting process can take anywhere from 4 to 12 months.
Bright, indirect light. A south facing window is the optimal place for a lemon tree. If needed, use grow lights to supplement natural light.
Water every 1-2 weeks when the top 2" of soil are dry. The aim is to keep the soil moist but not soggy.
Feed every 3 weeks in Spring and Summer. Reduce to every 1-2 months during winter. Fertilize with a high-nitrogen product made for citrus trees.
Lemon trees do best in rooms with an average temperature between 13 and 21 degrees. They like humidity, so mist your plant regularly!
◎ Mist leaves occasionally to encourage humidity
◎ To increase chances of bearing fruit, place your lemon tree outdoors during warmer months
◎ Soggy bottoms will kill your plant! Make sure you have the proper drainage, and that water flows through the pot and out
No - Keep away from pets (can cause irritation if ingested)
Skip that trip to the garden center, along with the hassle of finding a matching pot
green on green
We'll prepare your brand new friend and pot it in our eco friendly pots. While we are at it, we will plant one tree for every plant purchased by you
Growing together. Once your plant has been delivered, you can contact us via email or DM us on instagram for questions and plant parenthood advice